You may be eligible for state-funded energy concessions, which in some cases we’ll apply to your account for you.
Energy concessions, rebates and eligibility conditions vary from state to state.
Select your state for details on concessions that may be available to you.
The Department of Health and Human Services have a number of utility concession programs which you may be eligible for. For details of the programs available and eligibility criteria please visit the website.
Concessions Information Line on 1300 650 172, request to speak to Concessions, select option 4.
Potential energy concessions available to you:
Services NSW have a number of utility concession programs which you may be eligible for. For details of the programs available and eligibility criteria please visit the website.
Services NSW on 13 77 88
Potential energy concessions available to you:
In South Australia, all concessions are administered by the SA Department of Human Services (DHS), through ConcessionsSA.
Energy Bill Concession
If you’re on a low or fixed income, you may be eligible to receive the energy bill concession to help you cover the cost of your electricity bills.
For more info visit the visit the website or call the ConcessionsSA Hotline on 1800 307 758. https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/care-and-support/concessions-and-grants/concessions/energy-bill-concessions
Medical Heating or Cooling Concession
If you’re on a low or fixed income and have a medical condition that makes it difficult to regulate your temperature, you could be eligible for the South Australian Government’s Medical Heating or Cooling Concession.
For more information or to apply, visit the website or call 1300 735 350. https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/care-and-support/concessions-and-grants/concessions/medical-heating-and-cooling-concession
Emergency Electricity Payment Scheme (EEPS)
The EEPS is for eligible low-income households at risk of having their electricity disconnected. You can only receive an EEPS payment once every 3 years. The EEPS can only be accessed through financial counsellors, who will assess your financial situation before lodging an application.
For more info visit the visit the website or call the ConcessionsSA Hotline on 1800 307 758. https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/care-and-support/concessions-and-grants/emergency-financial-aid
ConcessionsSA also provides a range of other concessions and assistance programs, such as:
- Cost of Living concession
- Water and sewerage concession
For a list of other concessions and programs, please visit the South Australian Government’s website. https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/care-and-support/concessions-and-grants/concessions
In order for us to apply your concession, you need to authorise WINconnect to confirm your eligibility with Centrelink, The Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services, the Department of Veterans’ affairs. If authority is not granted, we are unable to apply any concessions in accordance with the concession regulations.
WINconnect will determine eligibility for QLD customers based on your response to the following questions:
- Is this your principle place of residence?
- Do you live alone or with your spouse/defacto and/or other people who are wholly dependent upon you?
- Does that person/s hold a Commonwealth Concessions Card or a Queensland Seniors Card?
- Does that person/s receive Centrelink, Family Assistance Office or Department of Veterans’ Affairs payments, and DO NOT pay rent?
- Does that person/s provide care and assistance, and DO NOT pay rent?
For Queensland residents to be eligible for the Energy Concession, they must hold one of the following valid concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (and receive the War Widow/er Pension or special rate TPI Pension)
- Queensland Seniors Card (it’s important to note, this is NOT a Queensland Seniors Health Care Card)
- Commonwealth Health Care Card (Electricity Rebate only)
- Asylum seeker status (residents will need to provide their ImmiCard details) (Electricity Rebate only)
- Please include a copy of the front and back of your concession card with your application form.
- Send your completed form via email to enquiries@WINconnect.com.au or via post to PO Box 217, Hawthorn VIC 3122.
- This form will need to be renewed every 12 months and a copy of the card provided on renewal.
WINconnect customer service 1300 791 970
ConcessionsWA have energy concession programs available which you may be eligible for. For details of the programs available and eligibility criteria please visit the website.
How to apply:
To apply for the Energy Concession Extension Scheme visit The Department of Finance website for more information and submit an electronic application. If you qualify for the Energy Assistance Payment, you may also qualify for the Dependent Child Rebate and/o the Air Conditioning Rebate; the electronic application covers all three concession types.